Friday, April 15, 2011

The Creative Mind

I love the beauty of agates.  They come in all different colors and no two are ever exactly alike.  When I began using agates in my designs I did a bit of research to find out about these beautiful stones.  I found out that they are a variety of chalcedony which is formed from layers of quartz.  My favorite agates are the one in which tiny quartz crystals have formed within the stone.  This only adds to the beauty of the agate.  I use a lot of Brazillian agate which are often dyed in various colors like blue, pink and purple.

I also found out some folklore and healing properties that agates are believed to have which are really interesting!

Agates are believed to:
  • Eliminate bad luck 
  • Calm stress and fears 
  • Improve concentration
  • Prevent insomnia
  • Protect against danger
  • Be a powerful emotional healer
  • Enhance creativity
  • Attact good fortune
After reading a list like that,  I decided I really need to order a couple truckloads of these mystical stones!



SOME OF MY AGATE CREATIONS......





These were all done for a trunk show and are all one of a kind.  One of my favorites is this purple agate:


Any of these can be custom ordered at admin@laurenhamptondesigns.com


No comments:

Post a Comment