Tuesday, July 26, 2011

mother/daughter creations....

So what do you do on a 100 degree weekend?  This past weekend was so hot... basically we stayed inside, nice and cool in our air conditioning!  But being creative,  I get bored so dug out my huge box of vintage lace that I have collected over the years and my daughter and I decided to have fun with our jean jackets!   It was actually her idea to start this project....what can I say?  Like mother, like daughter....the creativity is in the genes! 

vintage lace

more vintage lace....

one of my favorite pieces..


we cut out pieces from the lace....


vintage trim....

My daughter's jacket (more like a vest...)  is well under way....


My jacket... pinning the lace trim on the bottom



Just starting to sew some bits and pieces on....



I'm not sure how much more I will get done on mine because I am way too busy with work and an upcoming trunk show...... but it's a good project to keep working on,  especially during the colder months, which you know will be here (ugh!) before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment