Friday, August 12, 2011

anniversary time...

It's mine and hubby's anniversary this weekend so won't be posting anything until Monday...  He has a surprise planned and won't even give me a hint!  I don't like surprises... I like to know what's going on!  I'm a first born...it's our nature to be bossy, have to know everything and be in control (not good, I know!)   He is a first born too...  that could be bad, but he is so easy going,  relaxed and nothing ever rattles his cage!  I need that!  I am looking forward to whatever he has planned....

These photos are from our wedding in St. Maarten.  I was looking through them last night and thought I would share a few.  I absolutely adore St. Maarten!  I have been to many islands but this is hands down my favorite.  There is the Dutch side and the French side of the island which is neat because both have a different feel.  I happen to love the French side with its fine dining (and I mean tons of great restaurants!) and clean, beautiful beaches.  The Dutch side is nice too but I like the French side...  This was a magical place to get married and we were joined by our close friends and 6 kids (3 boys, 3 girls...kinda like the Brady Bunch!).  We stayed for a week with everyone so it was like a familymoon!  Actually, the kids and friends did fly home and we stayed an extra few days alone...  I cannot wait to go back here!



Happily Ever After....
The dress looks like that because we ran into the water after our vows!  It was so hot!  It was fun and felt great!

Two Hands, One Heart....



The View At Our Reception.... gorgeous!

Turquoise and White....

After dinner at the reception everyone broke out the bathing suits...it was about 110 degrees!  Not kidding!

I Love St. Maarten!
Crazy!  The planes go right over the beach!  It's actually very cool to see but you are best off not being on the sand when they fly over...ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment