Tuesday, August 30, 2011

hydrangeas....

Well we braved the hurricane that hit us here on the east coast and so many people had damage and lost power.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you still cleaning up in the aftermath and hope power is up and running for you soon!  We take for granted so many things every day.  Hopefully this storm taught us that we are all very blessed here in America with clean running water at our disposal,  power to light our homes and cook but most of all that what really matters in the end is that the people we love are with us!

It's only a matter of a few weeks and the days will be getting cooler and crisper...  I love the fall weather and look forward to yummy comfort foods, apple pies, the colors of the changing leaves and decorating my house for the season.  I also recently planted some hydrangeas and just love them!  It will be a few years before mine are big enough to really make bouquets or wreaths but some quality silk flowers from Micheals Crafts or other craft stores will have everything I need.  Just make sure you use really high quality flowers, otherwise it will look tacky!  This little do it yourself wreath is so pretty!  I am going off to make one of these for my front door... You can find the complete instructions (and they are really easy!) on V & Co.

If anyone makes this or other fall decorations I would love to post photos of your creativity!  You can email the photos to admin@laurenhamptondesigns.com and I will post them...  let's inspire each other's creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment